The Lodge House rules will be voted on at the regular Lodge meeting 6/4/12. Meeting will begin at 7 P.M. You must have current membership card to be eligible to vote. Pending approval the rules will be submitted to the Grand Lodge for their approval.
*** Rules #2 & 13 have been updated from the previous email/post.
Iowa City Iowa Lodge # 590 Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks
ELKS LODGE HOUSE RULES AND POLICIES
1. All rules pertain to all members and their guests. This lodge is for the use of members in good standing in the Iowa City Lodge #590, people holding a current identification card, spouses of members in good standing, and their guests.
2. Members are responsible for the actions of their guests.
3. Guests who may be eligible for membership must make application for membership after no more than five visits to the club as a guest.
4. Conduct unbecoming of a member or loud and abusive behavior may result in discipline of the member.
5. Visiting Elks in good standing in the respective Lodge are welcome as long as they observe our house rules.
6. Minors will only be permitted in the Lodge while under the direct supervision of a parent or member. No minor may be seated at the bar or play any charity games.
7. The operation, management and control of the Lodge or other facilities owned and/or occupied by this Lodge shall be supervised and conducted by the House Committee of the Lodge. Correspondence concerning its operation should be sent to the House Committee and signed.
8. The Lodge shall be open during such hours as the House Committee shall direct.
9. If, in the judgment of the person in charge, an individual is in a condition, further service will be denied. If the individual protests the judgment, the individual will be asked to leave.
10. Checks will be cashed for Iowa City members only if the funds are available.
11. Harassment of employees, members and guests will not be permitted.
12. The bar will remain closed during the regular Lodge meeting.
13. Property of the Lodge shall not be removed without the permission of the Board of Directors, and if applicable, a rental fee will be charged.
14. The Lodge will not be responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen articles.
15. Any willful or malicious destruction of any property of the Lodge will be paid for by the person responsible.
16. Live animals, except service animals, shall not be permitted inside the premises.
17. All members are required to use the Lodge code to gain admission to the Lodge and show their membership card when required, showing that his/her dues have been paid in full.
18. The supervision or managing body of the Club, social parlor or other facility shall have power to make temporary rules duly adopted by the Lodge and approved by the Committee on Judiciary for such Club, social parlor or other facility in all cases not provided for in these rules.
19. All Lodge functions must be by reservation.
20. The supervision or managing body of the Club, social parlor or other facility shall have power to suspend a Member from Club, social parlor or other facility privileges for a period not exceeding one (1) year, for violation of rules duly adopted by the Lodge and approved by the Committee on Judiciary for such Club, social parlor or other facility, or Conduct Unbecoming an Elk on such premises, after ten (10) days written notice to the Member served personally or by regular first-class mail and after a hearing before the supervising or managing body.”
21. Any recommendation or change of these house rules should be in writing and submitted to the House Committee.